6. Install and adjust generator belt.
8. Install heater hose connection to water
Install compressor belt, and adjust
tension by pulling idler against belt.
Proper tension should allow ap-
proximately 1/2" deflection of the belt at
a point between the water pump and
17. If system has been pumped down, open
shut off valves in the following order,
with Tool - ACL53- 5.
all valves in the full counterclockwise
direction to open.)
1. Receiver shut off valve.
2. When no more liquid Freon is flowing
past sight gauge, open low pressure
3. Open high pressure valve.
9. Install heater hose bracket under
compressor head cap screw, (torque cap
screw 25 to 30 lbs. ft.)
10. Install oil level indicator tube to
11. Install compressor to manifold bracket.
12. Install flexible low pressure hose running
from the compressor to the low pressure
valve at the valve located on the right
front fender apron, and flexible high
pressure hose, running from the
compressor to the high pressure valve
located on the condenser, at the
13. Install exhaust manifold crossover pipe,
using new gaskets, and attach heater
hose clamp to lower right stud on R. H.
14. Install water by-pass tube using a new
15. Install defroster blower and inlet duct
16. Tighten cylinder block and radiator drain
cocks. Replace coolant.
18. If system has been exhausted, evacuate
and charge, following the procedure
under "Pressure Testing, Evacuating and
REMOVAL OF CONDENSER
ASSEMBLY WITH MODULATOR
VALVE AND HIGH PRESSURE
Install Pressure Test Gauge Manifold,
with both gauge valves turned in the full
clockwise position so that the high
pressure gauge hose is connected to the
high pressure valve service port and the
low pressure gauge hose is connected to
the low pressure valve service port.
Turn low pressure valve, located on the
right front fender apron, and high
pressure valve, located on the
condenser, 1-1/2 turns in the clock-wise
direction, using Tool - AC L53-5. Both
gauges will read neutral sys-tem
pressure. (Approximately 50 - 7 5 P.S.I.
at an outside air temperature of
). See figure
3. If there is pressure in the system,
open the low pressure valve of the
Pressure Test Gauge Manifold, Tool
- ACL53-3 by turning the stem
counterclockwise and exhaust refrigerant
through the center manifold